Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunday and Monday


Hopefully, I'm getting the hang of this. As you can see, Mary is sharing her page with me because she is having more fun journaling the old fashioned way. I wanted to try to post a picture of the church and for David, one of the food for sale outside church - their version of church breakfast Dave! Today, 2/25, Mary and I walked to the grocery mostly for baby food. We made a couple stops on the way back, a bookstore for postcards, checked out a clothes store (where I thought a man was just very curteous and opened the door for us, but then realized he was a kind of guard / they keep it locked and let you in and out), and the cafe for lunch to go so we could try something a little more native than the hotel food. The hotel staff encouraged us to walk, and we don't seem to attract much attention, this is probably not too different than cities in the US. I will say the weapons the police carry on the street are a little intimidating (David and Po would love them). Tomorrow we are taking a guided tour to a lake that is actually an old volcano crator I think. The hotel clerk suggested it and according to books I think we will see more tourists there than natives. Whatever they suggest for Mary and I is fine with us, it's all new to us so I won't be too worried about what we missed!

1 comment:

xo lp said...

looks good. sending all my love :) you are so technologically advanced ;)